Monday, October 5, 2009

U...me!


It is so neat to watch Tallulah at this stage, growing and learning so quickly. She likes to take care and nurture EVERYTHING. Becoming more like a 'mama'...now she wants to change everything's buns (don't lay on your back on the floor!). She always wants to play with the wipes, (what child doesn't?), so the other day I let her play with the container, knowing it was empty. It has the word HUGGIES in the lid. Tallulah pointed at the H and so I said "Ay-ch"and she repeated, then she pointed to the S and so I said "Esss" and so did she, then the U, so I said "u" and T responds with "ME!"and points to herself. That's right! Ahh, so sweet watching her connect the dots.

on a similar note, during the summer, we would go out front and watch the bees on the lavender bushes...Tallulah loved watching the bees and it was a good way to teach her to say "BEES" and know what they were. She said it the most darling way 'bees' can ever be said, "beebs"
...we would praise her and she knew we loved it. I would try to get her to say it for other people and sometimes she wouldn't, so I would distract her and say "chochie, i love you...(pause) say BEES"...and sometimes she would. Well one morning when she woke up, i said to her "I love you" and went to kiss her and she responded, "beebs" (like OKAY Mom! I will say it, are you happy!?)
...the other side of the 'bees' coin is this...(gears turning, dots connecting) We have taught T her body parts- head, eyes, feet, tummy,....boobies...as well as all different animals and things. We would ask her where they were, what sound they made, and so on. Well, when we asked her "where are the bees?" she grabbed her chest and said "boo...beebs"...I guess that IS a type of bee.

1 comment: