Saturday, June 18, 2011

Daddy. Here it is.

Daddy.

This is how I would describe you:
You are passionate. Bold. Wise. A leader. Speak truth. Has integrity. You have such great love. You are funny and witty. Comforting and tender. A servant. Generous. Honest and just. Compassionate. Kind. Your eyes twinkle when you smile and laugh. A good judge of character. Discerning. Your hugs melt. Protective. Protector. Provider. A gifted teacher. You have faults that are noticeable. Raw. Gentle. Handsome. You have great taste in food. Hard worker. Never lied to me. Love children. You have a contagious laugh. You love and desire The One True God, Our Creator and Savior.


I am sure there are more ways I would describe you, but I think this will do for now. Looking back at memories I have from growing up, you have been my deciding factor. Jelly donuts. Leader not follower. Steak and potatoes. Smooth not lumpy. Lima beans and liver. I catch myself saying, "I always liked/did it...it was what my dad liked/did."

Four of my favorite memories/things that continue to stand out to me ever since I was a young. 1. Smelling like you all day from the morning hug you gave me right after you tied your boots on sitting at the head chair at the dining table, after you ate your bagel or took it to go. 2. "Be a leader, not a follower." 3. Listening to the sound of your laugh coming from the living room as I fell asleep was like hearing lullabies. and 4. Going to the Father/daughter Sock Hop dance wearing a poodle skirt and you in jeans, a white t-shirt with a block rolled up in the sleeve, and a leather jacket, riding the motorcycle and having the young, most handsome dad that danced the whole night with me (unlike any of the other dads)...=special.

I know I went through a "phase" that seemed as though none of these things we true to me, and thankfully it was a phase and that the Good Lord brought me out of THAT! By His grace, we can see the light. and Thank you for loving me through (in spite of) that.

You (and mom) have always been my spiritual leaders and I am so thankful for that. God has truly blessed me by you. Spoken wisdom through you. Tangibly loved me by you. Physically protected and comforted me with you. Guided and molded me by you. Made me witty by you (ahaahaa!)

We are alike, you know. I only ever heard how much I was like mama growing up and never considered that I would be like you, and well you were a boy...so I kinda got hung up on that. And I am so thankful for the qualities I posses because of you. and thank GOD He continues to purify us in every way, am I right?! ;) To Him be the glory for all of them!

Through you God showed me what I wanted in a husband. You and Mama's prayers for me since I was a baby "to have a man that would love her and love God..." was answered by an amazing man who is now fathering our daughters. I am excited to see the things that impact them to the core as you have to me. You are the best dad I could have been given and I am so thankful for you. For being a wonderful example of Father-God to me. I love you forever. You are priceless.

-jalinski.


my facebook post:
the two greatest men in my life: my husband and my dad. Both= love me unconditionally, show God's love in a tangible way, handsome, strong, passionate, smart, put up with my crap and my attiTUde, witty, always treat me in a way so as I never question my worth or beauty, have raised amazing daughters ;) , and know how to fix my cars and well any problem I have. I love you both so CRazY much. forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment