Monday, May 24, 2010

intruder? hello, you there?

I came home after bringing dinner to Logan at the recording studio to an open garage door. I guess it must not have closed when I left. I began anxious. I called Logan before pulling into the garage, i guess so that if someone was to hurt me he would hear it? Anyways, he answered his phone (thank God) and I proceed to walk into the house, leaving the girls in the car. I call out to Nova and she is there. I figured she would act all nervous if there were an intruder. She was excited to see me. I continue to search the house with her. No one was there. ahhh. I get off the phone with Logan and bring my girls in and put them to bed. I come downstairs and realized the front door was unlocked the entire time as well! I knew in my mind that no "bad guys" were in my house, but it was so hard to not be anxious, nervous, fearful, etc. My mind runs through the whole scenario all over again. How should I hold the gun, would I want to still live there if I had to shot someone in my kitchen, whose house would I go to with the girls if I couldn't stay there tonight...silly...but not. They are all very REAL to me. AND I didn't have access to the gun since Logan had it. (I think I need my own, now.) So I text Logan and ask if he would pray for me and the girls; that He would protect us and bring me peace. I guess that shows some level of maturity of my faith. I am so glad I have HIM, Emanuel, my God and Protector.
Having/raising children is the most 'character building' thing "I" have ever done. Thank you Jesus for holding me still, holding me close, in your arms of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment