Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kohl's lady and Barbie vs. me

So I was just at Kohl's and Tallulah was asking why I won't buy her Barbie undies and I said "Tallulah, quit asking about Barbie, I will not buy you anything that has to do with Barbie, I don't like what she stands for or anything about her...you can have the Disney princesses though..." and she was okay. Then some lurking older lady in the shoe dept stepped out in front of me and said
"You have been listening to too much propaganda... (muffled)".
I didn't quite understand what she was saying until I walked past, then I turned and said
"ya, or you can mind your own business and raise YOUR own children. (calmly)"

Who are these people that think they should tell a COMPLETE stranger how to influence their children, and for a more WORLDLY upbringing?! ugh!

It is fine if YOU want to raise your ladies with Barbies, my family prefers not to, and I feel that is what God had put on our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. It's just irritating that others feel like they need to step in when you were doing nothing harmful to your child. In fact, you're trying to help her. God knows your heart!

    Personally, I loved playing with Barbies and still do with Aurora, but we mix our princesses with Barbies and we just play healthy games with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is EXACTLY what I was thinking too! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete