Monday, April 2, 2012

homemade window cleaner

Best cleaner EVER............
From: http://theehingers.blogspot.com/2010/10/homemade-baby-wipes.html

1 32oz. spray bottle add:
8 oz. rubbing alcohol (I use Wintergreen)
1 tsp. Dawn dish soap
Fill rest of the way with water.

My Aunt gave me this as a window cleaner recipe many many years ago. It will never streak. The alcohol is a disinfectant. It cuts grease, sticky messes, gets out carpet stains and some staines on clothes even. I use this everywhere. Never use my flat top stove w/o first cleaning it with this. Greasy and sticky spills on the floor are a cinch to clean up with this.
Kids call it 'Mom's green stuff' :)
Never thought of making wipes with it but I don't know why it wouldn't work. I use it with paper towels all the time.
The wintergreen alcohol can be purchased at the dollar tree for just a buck. It makes 2 bottles of cleaner. Also smells good. Makes the cleaner green so it's easily identifiable and not mistaken for water.

No comments:

Post a Comment