Sunday, April 1, 2012

chicken and spinach pesto lasagna

2 lbs ricotta cheese
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 cup grated parmigiana
1.5 lbs of mozzarella cheese grated
22 oz jar of Basil pesto (from costco) or 1.5 cups of homemade
1/2 of a rotisserie chicken cut up
1 box of lasagna noodles cooked al dente
frozen spinach,about 2 cups? I added it by hand,I would probably use fresh if I had it
salt and pepper

2 glass 9x13 pyrex pans

> preheat oven to 350 degrees F
> mix ricotta, parmigiana, garlic, egg, salt and pepper
> spread some pesto on the bottom of your pans
> *lay out 4 lasagna noodles overlapping
> spoon on and spread out 1/2 of the cheese mixture (1/4 and 1/4)
> then spinach,
> then chicken,
> then pesto
> *then mozzarella
> repeat * to *
> cook at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, let set up for 5-10 minutes.
> serve and enjoy!

(I probably would have added another layer of pasta before the last layer of mozzarella (like a proper lasagna), but I gave my girls dry ones to eat, so I didn't have enough. It was still SO good and filling! Be aware that there will be a lot of oil after it is cooked (since that is the pesto base), I just poured some of mine out before I had it set up.

you couldn't even tell there was spinach! (cooked spinach can tend to be bitter) Plus the pesto was green so you couldn't see it either (a huge + when feeding children)

1 comment:

  1. Looks very yummy my cousin. I will be trying this soon.

    ReplyDelete