Monday, December 28, 2009

walrus meet Tallulah

Tallulah LOVES walrus. She also cannot stop talking about him. or the owl ornament. or the dog. or emu. or any animal in sight. oh, and Nonni. She keeps introducing them and making sure they all know each other...or so it seems. "ahwis, owl, emu, nonni! doooogg, ahwis! Nice ahwis, ah, nice.(pausing to kiss his head then rocks some more)" She is such a hunny.
She loves animals. We made up our own types of kisses, animal type kisses: Buffalo kiss is touching foreheads. The Moose kiss is touching noses (I like it better than Eskimo kisses, she doesn't know what an Eskimo is). Chipmunk kisses is touching cheeks. Mama kisses are on the lips. Angel kisses are when I kiss her eyes before she sleeps. and her FAVORITE...bunny kisses: making sniffing sounds near her ears and neck. We have so much fun! I love to kiss her. How do you stop?! Well, when she starts throwing a fit or tries to hit you away, helps.
Logan and I are trying to convince ourselves that there is something wrong with Vinnie, so we can be done with him. Like he has some sort of mental issue that is causing him to be such a crappy dog. Tonight we were paying him all sorts of attention and Tallulah was throwing the ball for him, everything was great, then he decides to just stop and whiz in the middle of the living room. No down time, no asking, no pacing, nothing. There HAS TO BE something wrong with him, right?! Sometimes he listens. sometimes he is a good dog. sometimes I like him. sometimes he obeys. SOMETIMES DOESN'T CUT IT! Thankfully (for him) Tallulah LOVES HIM...She gets all upset when I let him out, when he is behind the gate, when he doesn't play with her. SO I guess that IS why he is still here.
I just can't say enough about how sweet my T is. Tallulah was being demanding and I was overwhelmed by so many things, I started crying. Tallulah immediately stops and changes her heart. face as apathetic as can be, says "mama, cry?" rubs my arm, pats it, wipes the tears from my cheeks and holds my face against her tummy. She puts her hands around my neck, holding my face and just looks at me, takes her pacifier out (tries to put it in my mouth) and kisses my face and continues to gently touch my face. She has been my gift here on earth. I never thought I would be comforted by anyone the way my mother comforts me, but here is my daughter, (unspoken) knowing and doing exactly what I needed.
Thank you for this awesome child. my dear friend. my first born daughter. She is my gift...and the worlds.

2 comments:

  1. She has learned her sweet caring empathetic ways from her mommy :) I'm sure that's thy way you treat her - she is a gift to the world and you are doing an awesome job raising her :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, that is too sweet and I can totally see her responding that way to you! Melts me!

    ReplyDelete