Monday, January 4, 2010

sharing life= love

Every day I fall more in love with my child. The more I know her, the more she knows me...we are sharing life. It is hard and it is sweet.

I am starting to understand that it isn't the easy/happy times that give us a true love for someone. Sharing life= a life of love. The friends I hold dearest to my heart are actually ones that I have had conflict with (if just in my heart), the ones I have shared life with, not just the good times.

Don't get me wrong, I love my husband. My love grows deeper into a more stable, reliable, sharing life together, caring-about-THEIR-feelings relationship. I appreciate the trust and partnership that all these years have brought. I KNOW he loves me.

I think back on our relationship and what comes to mind...projects! I cannot think of a time that we weren't making/fixing/creating something. We may not be the spontaneous, adventurous, passionate, rock'n'rollers like we once 'thought' we were. We love to be creative, inventive, considerate, using our (God-given) gifts to build into the lives around us with love. I guess that is how I would describe our life together. My hope is that we would try our hardest to encourage, support, and allow the other to be who they are (I am saying this because I need to do this more), and loving them because of who they are.
I peck at him (all the time) for his imperfections 'because I think he can be better,' but maybe I should just shut up and love HIM...the action word. The rest will follow, right?!

I am so thankful for my husband. He lives life WITH me.
He gave me part of himself for my darling child(ren).
He continues to give himself for our family, giving us life.
So I may not act "in love" but that is because I love HIM, not just the idea of him.
I am thankful that we love and serve the same God. We have the same end goal in mind. We both are accountable to the One True God. We look to Him for guidance, provision, mercy, and an ability to love.
I am thankful for the One who gives us life.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me SOB... read this to Judah, and I think he got a little wet in the eyes too. Love it and it was spoken from the deepest part of your heart. love you friend:)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. le sigh. so wonderful and true. to be in love all the time... not realisic. but to love beyond what you ever thought you could... that's marriage. and we get to partake in that with our men in the best way: with God. such truth. love you so much, mama angel.

    ReplyDelete