Friday, January 6, 2012

Refuse to be reserved

I was watching Passion 2012 streaming online originally to see my friend Chris playing in one of the worship bands. Then Francis Chan started to speak. God speaks mightly through that man!

"think of what we can accomplish if we refuse to be reserved..." -Francis Chan


I have been wondering and asking God if we should be done making babies...what is HIS will. We can think through it all we want to make sense of it, but ultimately, it is up to Him. Something He spoke to my heart was that Logan and I keep saying we can't afford to have more children. They cost a lot of money (especially as they get older)...but what if money wasn't an issue? What then?

He has put it on my heart once again that it is probably best if I don't go through pregnancy again (hormones, marriage, sleepless nights...all of these things suffer) but that maybe we would adopt. I want to love and care for God's children who need a loving family, who need to know HIM! That we can be a shining light in the darkness. My eyes and heart are opening up slowly to what God has envisioned for this family and not what I have expected. God is softening me as I watch my sisterfriend Laurie go through their adoption.

I don't want to stand by and watch with a broken heart and NOT act on it. I refuse to be reserved! God use me!

When Logan and I were engaged someone spoke prophetic words over us and they said that our marriage would be one of fire. Full of power. That mighty things will be done because of our union... (I don't think they were just referring to the amazing stools we would make) ;)

That has stuck with me (partially because I was so uncomfortable, and praying that if it wasn't of God that He would cause her to stop, and it didn't) and I continue to watch and see what God does and is doing.

All praise and Glory to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment